Makes 1 Loaf, serves 10-12
Time: 10 minutes prep + 50 minutes baking +cooling
For the Loaf:
- 240g pumpkin puree
- 100g coconut sugar
- 60g smooth cashew, almond butter or tahini
- 90ml Hoopers Dandelion & Burdock
- 60ml plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 30g coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 185g plain or gluten-free plain flour
- 20g vegan vanilla protein powder
- Spices: 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp ginger, ¼ tsp cardamom + pinch nutmeg + pinch ground cloves
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 60g dark chocolate chips
- 50g pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp dairy-free chocolate spread
For the Frosting:
- 50g vegan butter, softened
- 50g vegan cream cheese, softened
- 250g-300g icing sugar
- 1-2 tsp plant-based milk
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Crushed pecans
- Chocolate chips
Recipe by @nourishing.amy
Method for the loaf
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, cashew butter, Hooper’s Dandelion & Burdock, milk, apple cider vinegar, yoghurt and vanilla until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, protein powder, spices, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Add the sale and whisk to a smooth, thick batter. Folding in the chocolate chips, and pecans and swirl through the chocolate spread.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until golden and risen. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin.
Method for the frosting
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth whilst gradually adding the icing sugar, milk and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Method for the decoration and serving
- Spread over the chilled loaf and top with chocolate chips, pecans and cinnamon.
- Slice, serve and enjoy