By Candice Brown
You may have seen the buzz around G&T drizzle cakes, well it doesn’t get much better than one designed by an expert baker! Candice has added a little taste of Italy with this Sicilian Lemon and Raspberry Gin Drizzle Loaf. Give it a try and you’ll be the star guest at your next garden party!
125g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
115g unsalted butter
115g golden caster sugar
Zest 1 lemon
150g fresh raspberries
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
25ml Franklin & Sons Sicilian lemon and Manchester Raspberry gin
50g Golden caster sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
100ml Franklin & Sons Sicilian lemon and Manchester Raspberry gin
50g icing sugar
Sprig of mint
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan. Grease and line 2lb loaf tin
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl, sift the flour and baking powder, add the eggs and the zest and mint along with the Franklin & Sons Sicilian Lemon and Manchester Raspberry Gin
- Mix together until you have a smooth batter
- Fold in the raspberries
- Pour the mixture into the tin. Bake for 35-45 minutes until a skewer poked into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly while you make the syrup.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon you zested and along with the Franklin & Sons Sicilian Lemon and Manchester Raspberry Gin into a small saucepan.
- Add the 50g caster sugar.
- Set over a medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved to make a slightly thickened syrup
- Using a skewer, poke holes all over the top of the still warm cake, then slowly pour the lemon gin syrup all over the surface so it seeps right through the sponge. Leave about 1 tbsp spare
- Leave to cool fully.
- Mix together the remaining syrup and icing sugar until you have a thick but drizzly icing and drizzle all over the loaf.
- Top with fresh raspberries, lemon and mint
Follow us on social media @franklinandsons for more recipes by our ambassador Candice Brown.
Manchester Gin Raspberry Infused & Franklin & Sons Sicilian Lemon Tonic £17.50
(12 x 250ml).
An imaginative twist on the classic, Manchester Gin Raspberry Infused is perfectly paired with Franklin & Sons Sicilian Lemon Tonic Water to create a refreshingly different G&T.