Nothing says summer unlike a tropical bake and what better time to start working on your culinary skills when stuck at home! Our favourite insta-baker Nourishing Amy has whipped up these tropically-inspired bakes from the deliciously refreshing Pineapple & Cardamom Sister’s Soda cans by Franklin & Sons. Why not have a try and send us some snaps of your creations!
240ml plant-based milk e.g. almond or oat
1 tbsp lemon juice
70g olive or sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g coconut or brown sugar
340g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground cardamom
A pinch of salt
300g chopped pineapple pieces, chopped small
60g macadamia nuts, chopped
100g (½ cup) vegan cream cheese
1 tbsp pineapple juice
200g icing sugar
To serve: extra pineapple slices and chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a muffin tray with12cases.
- Whisk together the plant-based milk and lemon juice and leave for 5-10 minutes to curdle. Whisk in the oil, vanilla essence and sugar.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mix and whisk until combine. Fold in the chopped pineapple pieces andmacadamianuts.
- Divide the mixture between the cases and bake for15-17minutes until golden and risen. Allow to cool fully.
- Prepare the frosting by stirring together all of the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle the frosting over the muffins and top with a piece of pineapple and some macadamia nuts.